Sunday, July 27, 2014

Excursion/construction day

Most of the group went on an excursion today to a beautiful stretch of beach on the bay of Eagles. However, we only had room for 54 on the bus and boat. We have 59 persons on this trip. So, I volunteered to stay back with whomever wanted to work on the job site. I actually had six volunteers, but only ended up needing four to go with me. We had one sick person that couldn't go so my wife volunteered to stay back at the hotel with him to make sure all was ok or else she would have come with us.

Rick, Michael, Ernie and myself worked with the Maranatha crew all day. We got all done with the side walls. It was only two courses but they are the two hardest since they are right under the structural metal. I am very appreciative of their hard efforts on a hot day!


Ernie is very artistic and noticed that last year, they church doesn't have a sign till it is painted, which can take a couple of months. So, he took three block back to the hotel on Friday and used permanent markers to draw our church logo and a sign. Michael laid the block on the front of the church so I took a picture of him and Ernie right after they laid them.

You can also see the church after the 13th course.

No comments: