Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day two and a close call

We had a very action packed day at the job site. We got another five courses on the gable end and almost completed one of the interior walls. The metal school buildings are taking shape. We have the roof and half the sheeting on one and have the trusses and walls done on the other two.

David Spencer gave us a thrill today. He was stepping down a wooden ladder and the third step gave way. Luckily his brother Dale was there and caught him in midair. Only a couple of scrapes so he was very lucky. Now we are going to throw everything at Dale because he has proven he can catch everything!

The medical/dental team had their first day as well. They have some challenges with the amperage and the equipment doesn't work very well. We are hoping to get a generator for tomorrow.

The VBS team spent the day organizing and working with their volunteers. They start tomorrow.

We are having a good evening playing uno.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

3 comments:

A1C Joanna Ramia said...

David would be the one to fall!!! Thank God he's ok though... I wish I could be there with you, instead we just launched out X amount of jets and troops to the desert... I had to stay behind. Please send my love to everyone, especially my mom... Some one please give her a huge hug for ma and a kiss(on the cheek)!!! Oh, and play a game of uno for me too... Let me know who wins!!! --Jo

Unknown said...

Hey Greg,

Will you tell my mom, "Happy Birthday from Rachel and Robert!!"

Thanks! I appreciate it. You guys are in our prayers that everyone will continue to stay safe!

Jaclyn Sorbet said...

Glad David is safe! I wish I could have gone with you all. You're in my prayers! Thank you for the pic of Neale, :) God continue to bless you all.