Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Book project update and input requested

Team;

I trust that everyone is well. Allan Smith at Vision Impact is working on our book. I have seen an initial draft and am working with him to refine.

One of the areas that Allan would like to do is get input from team members on the project. One way to do that is to comment on this post with thoughts from the trip. They can be in one of many forms:
  • Favorite part of the trip
  • Best memory
  • Most touching event
  • Favorite patient
  • Favorite block you laid (especially for Claudell since he laid so few....he named all of them)

I think you get the idea. I would really like for this book to have input from everyone, so if you would like to have your thoughts included, please use the Comments feature in the Blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This trip had so many favorite, and not so many favorite moments and memories for me. It was rough, tiring, frustrating, cold, wet, and scary (feeling scared for those who were sick and not feeling well). Those moments I look back on and laugh about now. Those moments are what makes Ecuador Mission Trip unique and memorable, dare I say a true Mission Trip?
What I remember and cherish the most is the commeraderie, the genuine caring smiles and hugs, laughter, the port-a-potty, the tenacity in which games were played even though we were bone tired and had to take multiple breaks because one or most of the players had to use the bathroom frequently, breathtaking views, heart pumping hikes and stairs (sans gym membership), petting a wild Iguana (even though I was scared), being in the official middle of the earth, experiencing a different culture, the overwhelming feeling of satisfaction when the church was finished, and most of all the friendships gained and miracles experienced. The list could go on forever.
My faith has grown, and continues to grow and strengthen. These memories carry me through the rough times at present and continually reminds how truly blessed I am! What this has taught me "No whinning, keep praying!" This is more than a comment (sorry!) couldn't help myself :)